Best Replacement Windows & New Window Installation in Chicago, Illinois
10 Roof Maintenance Tips
Your Trusted Chicago Window Installer Since 1994
Homeowners in Chicago have entrusted their window installation to MI-TE Home Improvement for more than 30 years. MI-TE installs beautiful, energy-efficient vinyl windows, fiberglass windows, and wood windows throughout the Chicagoland area.
Why Choose MI-TE For Replacement Windows?
Types of Windows
We install a wide variety of window styles – below is a list of the most popular styles of new windows in Chicago homes:
The sash of a casement window presses snugly against the window frame when closed, creating an airtight seal that prevents air entry and leakage and maximizes energy efficiency. Casement windows are also ideal for creating airflow since they act as a funnel for a breeze when open.
Double-hung windows combine energy efficiency, durability, and ease of use. They are air conditioner-friendly and easy to clean, and they give homeowners the ability to control airflow. Many homes in Chicago feature double-hung windows because of their superb ventilation capabilities.
Extending outward from your home, bay windows add space to your room and channel plenty of natural light into your home. They also offer one of the best exterior views of any window style.
Bow windows feature a rounded design that protrudes from your home, similar to a bay window but with a slimmer profile – an advantage for homes close to a property line or obstructions like trees or shrubs.
A beautiful, multi-functional garden window provides ample sunlight for plants and flowers. Garden windows typically a fixed top and front and two functioning side windows for cross ventilation. Many homeowners in Chiicago shop for garden windows to enjoy a bit of nature indoors year-round.
The crank-out design of awning windows makes them ideal for hard-to-reach places like above a sink. They’re ideal for creating ventilation and often come at an affordable price, making awning windows attractive to many Chicago homeowners.
The advantages of slider windows include unobstructed views, ease of operations, and low maintenance. Since they have large glass surface areas, slider windows are a perfect solution for small spaces.
Geometric Windows/Architectural Windows
A custom-shaped geometric window in your Chicago home can create a dramatic, distinctive appearance. Choose from a variety of arched, radiant, and linear shapes to add instant character to your home. Round windows, half rounds, octagon windows, and other shapes are all options.
Round-top windows enhance the architectural design and provide finishing character to a picture window or front door. They let in additional light and are versatile enough for your home or workplace. They can even be installed as interior windows to move sunlight through your home and brighten a room.
Hopper windows feature a hinge at the bottom to allow the window to tilt inward. They’re excellent space-savers, and you’ll often find hopper windows installed in basements and bathrooms.
Experience You Can Count On
When you’re choosing replacement windows, one of the first decisions you must make is the window material. We carry and install vinyl windows, wood windows, and fiberglass windows in Chicago.
Vinyl windows come in all shapes, colors, sizes, and price ranges. Advantages of vinyl windows include:
- Affordability – Vinyl windows are among the least expensive window options—but don’t worry! Vinyl is still extremely durable and won’t rust or corrode over the years.
- Low Maintenance – Vinyl windows don’t need to be painted, scraped, or stained, and they’re easily cleaned with soap and water.
- Energy Efficiency – Vinyl windows reduce heating and air conditioning usage for lower energy bills. MI-TE windows can surpass the federal government’s ENERGY STAR® specifications by more than 30%.
- Customizable – People like options, and with vinyl windows, you have plenty of chances to customize them for your Chicago home!
- Beauty – The sloped sills of vinyl windows offer a classic look perfect for Chicago homes!
Advantages of wood windows include:
- Insulation – Real wood window frames provide 400 times more insulation than steel window frames and 1,800 times more insulation than aluminum-frame windows—ideal for the central Ohio climate.
- Structural Integrity – Wood uses natural cellulose and strong fibers to withstand years of weathering and deliver a longer life span.
- Versatility – Wood window frames can be painted to match or accent your room’s décor.
- Aesthetics – Wood windows offer a natural beauty unmatched by other materials.
The benefits of fiberglass windows are hard to ignore:
- Durability– Fiberglass windows are resistant to cracks, dents, weather, and expansion—and, most important of all, they are flexible.
- Flexibility– Fiberglass windows are engineered to adapt to natural expansion and contraction due to temperature and humidity variations.
- Low Maintenance– Fiberglass windows offer exceptional durability, meaning less maintenance and lower repair costs.
Window Brands We Install
MI-TE partners with quality window and door manufacturers – we’re proud to install the following window brands in Chicago:
- Marvin Windows
- Jeld-Wen Windows
- Ply Gem Windows
- Simonton Windows
- Sprouse Windows
Window Prices – Price & the Value of Trust
Trust begins with straight answers to customer questions—this includes price. At MI-TE, we learned long ago that the more our customers are educated about home improvement products, energy efficiency, installation details, money-saving ideas, design options, AND PRICE, the more they will discover that MI-TE is the choice for them. So, we make it our goal to get a price to our customers as quickly as possible, so they can make a timely, informed decision and get their project started.
What is My Price for Windows from MI-TE?
The following are our current prices:
- GOOD Vinyl Window: Starting at $450
- EXCELLENT Vinyl Window: Starting at $575
- EXCELLENT Wood Window: Starting at $900
What’s Included in my MI-TE Window Price?
ALL prices quoted above include the following:
- Custom-sized for a PERFECT fit.
- ENERGY-STAR qualified product.
- Insulated high-performance glass (Low-E and argon).
- Double weather-stripping.
- Both sashes tilt in for easy cleaning. (Double-hung)
- The sloped sill looks more like an authentic wood window.
- No weep holes, no water trapping cavities, water-tight frame.
- A sleek cam-action lock.
- MI-TE-Pro Installation
- An MI-TE Absolute Quality Assurance Inspection.
- Lifetime warranty on vinyl windows.
- 10-Year warranty on wood windows.
If you still have additional questions about MI-TE pricing or you’re ready to get a FREE estimate from us, please call us at (773) 899-5490 or use our web contact page to reach an MI-TE professional who can help you get your project started.